Thursday, November 23, 2006

Serious birdlist begins


I took Rosie out for a short spin today to the Bluewater Bridge. The odometer turned 2000 km.

I installed a yellow seat that I managed to get a good price on. Just for a different look. Okay, enough fooling around! Today I start my official BMW birdlist. This will consist of birds seen from the bike or from a place I've travelled to on my bike. Today I went to the Point Edward lighthouse at the southern part of Lake Huron where it empties into the St. Clair River. There wasn't much around. Here's what I got...


Ring-billed Gull
Mallard
Herring Gull
Bufflehead
Red-breasted Merganser
Canada Goose
Downy Woodpecker
European Starling
Great Black-backed Gull

Total so far: 9 species

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Enjoy the sunny days. You can catch a cold chasing birds on a motorcyle on the winter. ;-)

Reenski